New farm-ready research designed to help boost productivity and profitability will be shared with Queensland and New South Wales grain growers and advisers as part of the 2021 GRDC Updates series this winter.
These Updates will focus on delivering regionally relevant research and development that has been selected by local committees and reflects the challenges being faced on-farm this season.
GRDC Grower Relations Manager – North, Richard Holzknecht says industry experts will present the latest farm-ready research and share how it can fit within northern grain growing systems.
“The topics on offer at the Updates have been selected by local planning committees and are regionally relevant, credible and science-based new information – practical and ready for on-farm adoption with the potential to make a difference to growers’ bottom lines,” Mr Holzknecht says.
“It’s important we continue to lift the bar on production and profitability in the northern grains industry and GRDC is investing millions of dollars each year to ensure that happens.
“It is equally important we communicate with the wider farming community about the progress and outcomes of research investments that tackle productivity constraints and break new ground in agricultural technology.”
Mr Holzknecht says the Updates also provide an ideal forum for learning, sharing ideas and networking, all of which are critical for successful and effective practice change on-farm.
THe NSW Updates will be held in the following locations:
- Jerilderie – Wednesday, July 14, at the Civic Hall, 33 Jerilderie Street
- Hillston – Thursday, July 15, at the Hillston Community Hall, Oxley Avenue
- Walgett – Thursday, August 12 at the Walgett Sporting Club, Cnr Fox and Montkeila streets
- Gunnedah – Friday, August 13 at Gunnedah Band Hall, South St.
The Queensland Updates will be held in the following locations:
- Millmerran – Tuesday, August 10, at the Millmerran Community and Cultural Centre, 45 Walpole St
- Nindigully – Wednesday, August 11 at the Nindigully Hall, Sternes St.
More information: Register for the events.