Australian Football League (AFL) great Nathan Burke is lining up to tackle some of the issues holding back Victorian grain growers from achieving their business goals.
The former St Kilda champion, commentator and now coach of the Western Bulldogs AFL Women's team will headline GRDC Farm Business Updates in Swan Hill and Bendigo next week.
Having gained great insight into how to extract performance from individuals and teams, Mr Burke will outline why performance isn't always about the outcomes - and provide strategies for enhanced efficiency, culture and results in the farm business.
GRDC Grower Relations Manager - South, Courtney Ramsey, says the Farm Business Updates will be important forums for discussing avenues for building farm profitability.
"These events, attended by growers and advisers, are designed to drive innovation and adoption of improved farm business management practices across the grains industry," Ms Ramsey says.
"The program for the Swan Hill and Bendigo Farm Business Updates features a line-up of speakers and topics that analyse critical aspects of decisions to improve farm profitability."
On the agenda
In addition to Mr Burke, the Farm Business Updates at Swan Hill on March 11 and Bendigo on March 12 will feature the following topics and speakers:
- A sound succession strategy could be the best investment you make. Rob Brown, Peppin Planners.
- Seven management practices to develop your farm employees. Sally Murfet, Inspire AG.
- Managing a farm team - a grower's perspective. Lauchie Cole, Cressy (Tasmania).
- Precision ag - assessing opportunities to increase your bottom line. Royce Pitchford, Rural Directions Pty Ltd.
- Is the potential profit worth the risk? Assessing your enterprise mix. Cam Nicholson, Nicon Rural Services.
- What is your stubble worth? Dean Thomas, CSIRO and The University of Western Australia.
- Integrating cropping and livestock - what works, what doesn't? A grower's perspective. Tim McClelland, Jil Jil (Victoria).
The Farm Business Updates will also feature extended question and answer panel sessions.
The GRDC Farm Business Updates will be at the Swan Hill Town Hall and the All Seasons Hotel Bendigo, from 9.30am-3.15pm on March 11 and 12 respectively.
GRDC Research Code ORM1906-002SAX
More Information: Courtney Ramsey, GRDC Grower Relations Manager, 0428 274 018, firstname.lastname@example.org; click here for a detailed program and to register for the Updates; or phone ORM on 03 5441 6176 or email email@example.com.